Friday, September 3, 2010

Mini-Shopaholic: Latest from the Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella

Believe it or not, the very first ever book that I bought is THE CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC… not that I am a self confessed one, but something about the synopsis caught my attention plus the very attractive cover got me into reading it… I got hooked into it and before I knew it, I was on my 5th book already… I have always been a chic lit lover and the Shopaholic Series is really my first on the list… Becky Bloomwood was such a character who is very easy to fall in love with (and relate to, OUCHY!)… plus her humorous struggles with debts and shopping galores… it would keep you put and will keep you turning the pages one after the other…

And when I thought that her adventures are already over… the sixth book is scheduled to be released on September 16th




I am sure it will be another blast for Sophie Kinsella… Here’s the synopsis for the MINI-SHOPAHOLIC… I am sure, everyone will feel like and relive the "Becky" in them all over again… and now  that I am a MUM myself… I will  definitely be able relate to this book… I cant wait to get my copy! ♥♥♥



"Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) thought motherhood would be a breeze – but it’s trickier than she thought. Two-year-old Minnie is a little tearaway who has created havoc everywhere from Harrods to Harvey Nicks to her own christening. She hires taxis at random, her favourite word is ‘Mine’, and she already has a penchant for Balenciaga bags. Becky is at her wits’ end.
On top of this, she and Luke are still living with her Mum and Dad, there’s a big financial crisis so everyone’s having to Cut Back – including all her personal shopping clients – and her husband Luke is feeling low after the death of his beloved stepmother. To cheer Luke up, Becky decides to throw him a surprise birthday party – on a budget – and that’s when things become really complicated. As Becky tries to keep the arrangements secret, misunderstandings and excuses sprout everywhere, and soon she’s told so many fibs she can’t keep track of them. Will Becky pull off the surprise? Will Minnie give everything away? Will Minnie’s godparents ever stop arguing? Who will end up on the naughty step and who will get a gold star? And what will happen when Becky discovers Luke is keeping a big secret too?"

i will post a review once i get to read it... :) ♥♥♥

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

although I found the first book interesting I never got around to reading the next ones. the new books sounds intriguing, though. I like stories with kids. haha. will check it out.

engr.mum said...

you should read the rest of the books sis.. they're hilarious.. im sure youll enjoy them! :)

Anonymous said...

yupyup, I've got the ebooks now. will start reading soon :D