Sunday, October 22, 2017

Madame Googoo Nautical Mesh SSC Review



Title of Review: “Madame Googoo Nautical Mesh”
Baby: 1 year and 3 months old (8.2 kg)Wearer: 5’4, Big Built (75kg)
Type of Carrier: Soft- Structured Carrier
Size: Standard Suitable for Babies and ToddlerType of carrry: Front and Back Carry (facing the wearer)Website: https://www.facebook.com/madamegoogoobabycarriers/



Madame Googoo is a Polish manufacturer of babycarriers. This brand carries different types of babycarriers, like Mei Tai, Onbuhimo, SSC, Ringslings, from rich colorful prints, absolutely gorgeous fabrics and wrap conversions. They also accept customizations and personalization of designs. Madame Googoo is a brand that I really look up to, and admire for their craft and creativity. I personally have Madame Googoo Babycarriers, but are full paneled. That is why I am so excited to be a part of the testers list for their mesh SSC. Finally, I can try it on my baby, and experience it first hand.

I used this babycarrier for a short time while we were on vacation in the Philippines. And our country having a tropical climate is just an apt environment for this mesh type of carrier. 





Upon receiving it, I saw my Mom's eyes looking from the side, coz she thought I bought another carrier despite already having a ton of babycarriers. So I had to explain to her that it is just a tester product that I had the privilege to try and review. Immediately, she came to me and scrutinized the babycarrier, and she was happy! Happy to see another Madame Googoo product and at the same time felt pride of her own work at IMA. She said, she's ready to get in the same line with MGG! hahaha! Please give it to my mom! hahaha!
We love the print as it is a very neutral, though not the usual MGG Carriers that I have, coz what I have are the really rich and colorful ones.  This one is very tame, just a simple nautical print, something that my husband would not have second thoughts of wearing.

I was the fourth in the list of testers, and so the carrier already has signs of usage, the fabric is not in its pristine condition anymore. Some lints and fadings are already showing on the nautical fabric and the plain gray twill, but the padding are still full and supportive.


The most noticeable difference from the MGG Carriers I already own, apart from the mesh panel is that the Mesh SSC has overly wide and thick shoulder straps especially the part that sits on top of your shoulders and front upper chest. I prefer their usual straps. These thick ones add discomfort and heat, though I suppose what they are after is the additional support on the weight being carried. The mesh may be cool for the baby, but the straps add some heat on the wearer. Perhaps if I will order my own mesh SSC from MGG, I will have mine a bit slimmer than that of the tester's.

The carrier gives the same support as the other SSCs I have tried. The mesh panel is really presko for our Philippine weather. I also like the mesh hood, it provides ventilation and circulation when wearing a sleeping baby. My baby sweats a lot, so that's a plus for us!

I carried my baby wearing long pants during the testing, and totally forgot to wear her while sporting shorter pants. And I regret that! Coz I am really wondering how the effect of the mesh is at the back of my baby's knees when worn for longer time. I wonder if it's gonna be irritating or otherwise, coz the back part of the leg pads is actually made of mesh as well. I have never owned one with the same feature. So, I hope one of my fellow testers could try that out, and will update this once I see a review that features that.



 

Anyway, generally we enjoyed MGG's stay with us, even hubby got the chance to try it too with my daughter. He even volunteered to wear my daughter while in the mall, upon seeing that we brought a neutral looking carrier. He's a fan of MGG as well. He admires their creativity, and he had worn my Winged-SSC from MGG before.

We enjoyed this MGG Mesh and will definitely recommending it not only to our babywearing friends back in the Philippines, but also to our Saudi-based babywearing buddies here.

Thanks to Madame Googoo and Camille for this opportunity to try this wonderful carrier.


XX






No comments: